Shiloh and Tamara, the mostly creators of the Turkey bulletin board. They did most of it.
I figured I should include at least one incredibly flattering view of myself. Thank heavens for GoalSmith.
In case you can't tell, the white crinkled paper is a cloud and the yellow and orange crunched paper is the sun.
First, I want to remind Mom of the fact that she said she would do my bulletin boards in I teach in Boise. I will take you up on that. Second, I believe in democracy. I let my class think of several bulletin board ideas and then vote on it. They decided to make this board. They did it all themselves because I didn't really want to. The sign on the turkey says, "Turkey's over there (with an arrow). P.S. I'm not a turkey." They had a really good time making the turkey and it turned out pretty cute. Third, I'm really proud of myself for not being obsessive compulsive and trying to make it look perfect. I let them do their thing. Too bad it took them nearly 2 hours!!
4 comments:
Emily, I think you and I are kindred spirits when it comes to bulletin board philosophies. I didn't even do one in my classroom! Let the students take some ownership of their classroom and for heavens sake don't wast your time slaving over a bulletin board! (caveat: a similar philosophy espoused by my mother concerning her children's choice of clothing resulted in me looking like a street child for the majority of my childhood, so be aware).
PS: I like the Turkey!! and I know you couldn't have come up with THAT on your own!
Dearest Sisterness,
You haven't called me once since we saw you at Tom's homecoming. Did Lachelle do something to make you mad, and now you are taking it out on me?
Nickness,
I'll call you sometime this week.
Post a Comment