Sunday, September 21, 2008
My potential future...
When I first started at BYU, I was a human development major planning on focusing on human development. Then, I switched to psychology, planning to focus on cognition and neuropsychology. Then I switched to Elementary Education. I love teaching but it has almost always been my plan to pursue a masters or possibly a doctorate degree. My plan as of right now is to finish this year, teach one more year, and then go to grad school. I have been unsure what I have wanted to study for a long time. But, the thing that stands out the most to me right now is cognitive psychology/development. There are lots of really great programs around the United States. I think it is something that I could really enjoy studying. I guess only time will tell.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thats great! I wish I had endless money, I'd probably be a lifetime student and learn about all of the things that interest me.
All the people I've met who have gotten a masters degree haven't regretted ir- My mom enjoys being a school psychologist, and my sister-in-law is a speech pathologist, which looks like so much fun because she spends most of her time in "therapy"- playing with the kids. You should try shadowing a few different professions and see what looks like the most fun. Its always interesting to see what the actual job is going to be like. Good luck with whatever you pursue!
That's awesome Emily! I have always told you that you will be great at whatever you do!! You are just so talented and smart and make me want to be better...and smarter!
Post a Comment