Sunday, September 14, 2008

Update but no pictures

I don't have my camera cord with me today but I do have some time so I will give a quick update of the last 2 months. I was going to move to Provo but a couple of the places fell through and then I decided to move to Salt Lake. I found an adorable house in Sugar House with month to month rent. I really like the house but the 40 minutes one-way commute is getting to me and I don't approve of some of the practices of my roommates so I have contemplated moving basically since the day I moved in. It has been a stressful choice. Everyday I considered something new. But, I got a call from my good friend Havilah this week saying that a spot is opening up in her apartment in Bluffdale. Now, Bluffdale isn't really that exciting but it is a nice place, much closer to work, and I will have a friend living there. Also, my contract will end June 1 allowing me to go wherever I want this summer. So, I am moving in 3 weeks.

Things have been going with school. I start my 5th week tomorrow. Time is flying. My students are great. I enjoy being around them. We are starting to settle into a routine which is incredible helpful for me. I'm learning that being a first year teacher really is as stressful as everyone says it is.

1 comment:

Christy said...

Thanks Emy! I always wonder how you are doing! I am glad you found a place to live that you will like and feel comfortable. love ya!