I went to China Super Market to get supplies for Pad Krapow Gai, but they disappointed me. They had no basil, no shallots, nothing I actually needed. So, I got Nam Tok seasoning and mint instead.
I met several disasters. First, someone melted the rim of my rice cooker so it doesn't fit in the cooker anymore. I still tried to do it but it short circuited and now doesn't work at all. So, I am out one rice cooker. My sticky rice got about 60% cooked. I had to put it into a pot on the stove but in order for it to not burn, I had to add more water which just made the rice disgusting. Then, I poured in the entire Nam Tok seasoning. Big mistake. It was too much. Also, I cooked the meat too hot and some of it burned. I am determined to overcome my cooking challenges though. Expect me on Iron Chef.
The mango was heavenly and cheap (only 60 cents). The strawberries were pretty but I wouldn't recommend eating them with sweetened sticky rice. They were too sweet. The sticky rice wasn't great.
3 comments:
Y-U-M!!! That looks sooo delicious! Seriously, I want more of your tai food!
I remember not too long ago when Lachelle told me that my food had come a LONG way since I first started cooking. I thought that was a very nice backhanded compliment. Bummer about the rice cooker.
Those all look and sound sooo good. I want to be a better cook too. I should make a goal and try and cook two or three different things a week too. Sorry about your rice cooker...I actually have one and I have never used it!! I know, that's terrible huh? I would give it to you, but Ryan's mom might wonder what I did with it as she got it for us...haha!
Post a Comment