Monday, August 20, 2007

First Two Days in Mexico





I am here in Mexico. My plane got in to El Paso at 4:30. We had lots of errands to run and so we didn't get to Colonia Juarez until 11pm. I got to pay 237 pesos for a tourist visa. The house we are staying in is really nice, but there is no fan so that has been interesting. I also took my first cold shower in 8 months. We had Stake Conference on Sunday. It was all in Spanish so I used headphones. I definitely don't speak any Spanish and right now I definitely wish I did. I've been learning vocabulary and phrases the last 2 days. I'm thinking that Thai must be easier than Spanish. The temple is pretty here. The high school is really pretty too. More pictures and more details will follow. My first day of student teaching is tomorrow. I will be in 4th grade with Mrs. Robinson in the morning (she is from Star, Idaho). I'll be in 5th grade with Mrs. Farnsworth in the afternoon.
Picture 1: Me with baby kitten Paco.
Picture 2: Brittany with Heather (left) and Tara (right). Heather is in 5th grade. Tara is in 4th grade.
Picture 3: The room where Brittany and I are staying at the Vizcaino's house.
Picture 4: The porch-al region of the Vizcaino's house.
Picture 5: The front garden at the Vizcaino's house.

1 comment:

Lachelle said...

Wow Emily! You are living in a palace! What an awesome adventure you are on. I'm sure you will come up with all sorts of creative ways to communicate. I hope that your students are darling and that you are having a kick-A time! You rock!!