The high school covered with snow.
Most of the leaves are still on the trees so the snow was quite a beautiful effect.
Me under a drooping tree. All I have down here is a sweater and a light jacket. So, it was a little bit cold.

I stayed at the Farnsworth's house with Brittany this weekend because they were out of town. I woke up on Saturday to snow and it snowed all day without stopping. By the time it stopped there were somewhere between 3 and 5 inches of snow. They live in the middle of nowhere so their orchard trees were just covered and the hillside was so beautiful. Unfortunately I didn't have my camera. At 4:00pm the power went out. Luckily we already had a fire going. It took us a while to get that going in the morning because the logs were all wet but we succeeded. Brittany and I found some candles and lit them when it started to get dark. We were bored out of our minds because it was too dark to read or play games. At 8:30pm, the power came on. We started watching 'White Christmas'. At 10:00pm, the power went out again. I really wanted to finish watching the movie. So, I used the rest of my battery power on my computer and we watched it. We went to sleep without power in a freezing cold house. The next morning, the power still wasn't on, so we heated some water on the stove and did the dishes. We drove down into town, but no one there had power either. There was no church because there was no lights and more importantly, no heat. So, we went on a walk and I was able to take some pictures. The power finally came back on at 1:30pm Sunday. Nearly 24 hours without lights. It was a fun adventure.
1 comment:
Now it's not so hot, but are you wishing it wasn't so cold?
Post a Comment