Sunday, August 16, 2009

Coastal Road Trip Day 2

There is an Ammunitions Depot in Hawthorne, NV so most of the city was dedicated to that. This was an outdoor museum with a whole bunch of inert weapons.
Dad likes to ride missles.
This is Mono Lake in California. This is the Eastern Side of the Sierra Nevadas.
This is the Western side of the Sierras. I think by this picture we were in Yosemite.

Pictures can't capture how beautiful Tioga Pass was in Yosemite.

We spent a few minutes watching the rock climbers.


These flowers were in the Yosemite Valley near the river.
The geologist in me fell in love with the valley. It was covered in glaciers which helped carve the U shaped valley.

My first blue jay.
Up at Glacier Point overlooking Half Dome.

I now understand why Yosemite is one of the most popular national parks.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

How fun! I loved Yosemite but I hardly remember it because I was a little kid when I went. I'll have to go back!