I took a tour bus up to Khorat, a city about 4 hours northeast-ish of Bangkok. The bus ride was beautiful. We went up through the mountains. I couldn't keep my eyes off the road. I had a great view of the driver and that probably wasn't a good thing because it made me a nervous wreck each time he answered his cell phone, drank a Red Bull, and turned his attention to the bus hostess next to him. Thankfully, I lived and was able to spend a couple of fun days with my friend, Damrongsak.
| Jake took me to a Hi-So restaurant where I had the best tuna salad ever. Thais are big fans of tuna salad. |
| My hotel room in Khorat. It was clean and the AC worked well. |
![]() |
| The bathroom in the hotel room. I love Thai bathrooms. Whoever thought of separating the shower from the rest of the bathroom and not making all of the walls waterproof was a crazy person. |
| The view from my hotel. |
| Jake took me to see some old ruins at a place called Pimai. These are earlier 'trial' designs that Angkor Wat was based off of. I love ruins and these did not disappoint. |
![]() |
| Damrongsak AKA Jake AKA Jane |
| Hmmm |
| This is what the Isan (Eastern part of Thailand) looks like. |
![]() |
| At the city center- people honoring the woman who saved the city. I don't really know the story. |













No comments:
Post a Comment