Monday, June 15, 2015

Stake Conference in Ubon

I also updated the other blog. Go HERE to view that.

I am so grateful that I moved to Thailand just two weeks before the Ubon Thailand stake was created. It was my great blessing to serve in Sisaket and Ubon, and I love the people there SO much. The Korat branch was moved into the Ubon district a few months ago in preparation for the creation of this stake. 

On Friday, we all hopped on a bus at 10:00 pm and started our journey toward Ubon. Plaa (Fish) was kind enough to pick me up on her motorcycle. The church is really far away from where I live. Within minutes of departing, the karaoke began. Karaoke is one of my favorite things ever.



We got to Ubon at 5 am and check into our hotel. We were able to get a few hours of sleep before heading to the church for a Relief Society meeting. It was so fun to chat with my friends from Sisaket and Ubon.


 หนึ่ง (Neung), Robert, ปลา (Plaa), แพรว (Prao), หญิง (Ying)
Some new friends in the Korat Ward


 The Ubon building full of people from 9 different provinces of Thailand (The stake has a huge area geographically)


 On the bus with Ying and Plaa

 Some of my beloved friends from Sisaket

 More Sisaket friends

 Sister Prateep got baptized on October 27 and Brother Thawansak got baptized on December 25. I was serving in Sisaket during that time. It was so fun to see them. They are serving a 12 month mission in Udorn. I love this couple so much.

 Me and Plaa

 Neung

 The place was packed. The lady with the brownish tannish jacket is Sister Mai. She was an incredibly faithful member that Sister Robbins and I used to visit regularly in Pakkret. I haven't seen her since my mission, and it was a really fun surprise to see her at the meeting.

 I also got to meet up with Best after the meeting. She was 15 when I first served in Sisaket. She would teach with us all the time. It is fun to see the awesome person she's grown up to become.

 After the meeting, we got back on the bus and headed home. It was an eight hour bus ride. It was a really special weekend for many reasons.


No comments: