Saturday, October 27, 2007

Firsts

My first rattlesnake in Mexico. We were driving up to the hacienda and the van suddenly stopped. Crossing right in front was a 3.5 foot rattlesnake. It had at least 10 rattles on it and its tail was black and white striped. It was a beautiful site but I was glad to be in the car. Too bad I didn't have my camera to take any pictures.
First hacienda. There is a member who remodeled an old hacienda. There was a dinner there last night for the high school teachers. I didn't bring my camera. It was amazing though. Imagine an old Mexican house with at least 9 bedrooms and 7 bathrooms. It is all built around a beautiful courtyard. I felt very Mask of Zorro-esk. I think we are going to go back later so I'll take some pictures.
First Mexican Chinese Food. It tasted about as good as it sounds, but it was a fun adventure and it didn't make me sick! Something to be grateful for.

No comments: