Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Seattle

My friend, Megan, and I have been planning a trip to Seattle for a few months but it never seemed to work out. With us both out of school for the summer, we decided to go. Megan's parents live in Gig Harbor so we stayed there. We did some fun things but I didn't take very many pictures. One of these days I am going to learn to whip my camera out more often.



This picture was taken in Seattle. We had to stop and wait for the bridge to go back down before we could cross.




My plan is to go to grad school sometime in the next few years and at the top of my list is the Cognition and Learning Sciences program at the University of Washington so Megan and I went to check out the campus. I was really impressed. These pictures were taken by Lake Washington on the edge of campus.





The day before I left, I drove into Seattle to visit my friend Rory since I hadn't seen since high school. It was so fun to catch up and see where our lives have taken us. We went and got cupcakes and Indian food, then went and enjoyed the beach. It was a sunny day and warm!







I took this picture right before I left on Wednesday morning. This is just part of the view from Megan's porch. Her house overlooks the Puget Sound and Fox Island. It is absolutely gorgeous.

2 comments:

Megan King said...

This looks like a great trip! Do you have other trips planned? How is Boise treating you? Hope all is well!

RORYJEAN said...

It was so fun to see you! I can't wait until you are closer and we can hang out more often. Keep me posted. We're moving to Bothell, North of Seattle, so we will be a little further from the city, but you are still always welcome to come stay with us when you are up this way- I love having company- I'm a lonely stay-at-home mom these days, and it's so fun to have visitors.