I don't actually travel all that often, but I also don't take very many pictures. And, most of my pictures are selfies (the whole living alone thing), food I've cooked or ordered in a restaurant (yes, I'm one of those people), and my students (can't legally post them here). My camera always ends up with loads of pictures when I travel and when I'm around my nieces and nephews. I really can't resist taking pictures of those kiddos. Don't worry. The next several posts will be dedicated to them.
My dear friend, S, was my mission companion in Pakkret. We had the most delightful time together. She's been living in the States for years now, and we are able to see each other regularly. When I was in Thailand in 2013, I finally had the chance to go out to Det Udom and meet her mother and father. Talk about wonderful humans. They picked me up in the rain, fed me delicious food, gave me a room with an air conditioner, and didn't laugh at me when I unskillfully used most of the water in the big storage bucket during a shower.
Anyway, S convinced her mother and little sister to take a trip to America. As part of the trip, they rented a house in Soda Springs and invited me to join them. S's husband's family was also there, and I came to provide language and moral support. It ended up being a really fun few days. The food was amazing because S was in charge of it. She is one of the best cooks I know.
S
This was the little pond in the side yard. It was stunning. I didn't even have to apply any filters to make it look better.
Another shot of the little pond.
First snow! If you've never seen a grown person experience snow for the first time, try to make that happen at some point. It was pretty magical.
J and S's mom
There were tons of German Shepherds in Colonia Juarez. They were very territorial, and they terrified me, but this one was adorable.



No comments:
Post a Comment