Friday, May 15, 2015

Uncle Arden's Funeral


My great-uncle Arden passed away in October 2013. I really wanted to go to his funeral, and it just happened to work with my fall break. Uncle Arden has always been one of my favorite great-uncles. He reminded me a lot of my grandpa. I had really missed him at the last few reunions, but his dementia made it too difficult for him to attend. I loved being able to hear more about his life at the funeral. My favorite thing that I took away from the funeral was the following Uncle Arden quote, "A change is as good as a rest." I've thought about that a lot in the last year and a half.

I have been to Mink Creek nearly every year for my whole life, but I'd never been in the fall. That area is spectacularly beautiful. I wish that my photos could actually capture the area. 








No comments: