Friday, June 5, 2015

I'm Here!

     Hello, everybody! I arrived in Thailand Monday night, and I've spent most of the week at the school trying to wrap my head around how a Thai school functions, buying stuff for my apartment, and sleeping. 

     I have been super tired this whole week. I'm not sure if the cause is jet lag or the extreme heat and humidity. Probably a combination of both. I've got lots to say, but I'm going to save most of it for another day when I have more pictures.

     I started a blog to share certain experiences with my students at S.S. Elementary. Rather than repost, I'll just link any posts I do on that blog to this blog. HERE is my first one about bathroom signs.



 On Thursday, Mai (ใหม่) and Jin (จิน) took me to a buffet place called T-Bone. It had steak, mashed potatoes, soup, salad, and Thai food. It was 200 baht ($5.90).

 In addition to the buffet, we also had Tom Yum Goong (ต้มยำกุ้ง). You have to shell the shrimp yourself here in Thailand. 

 Another shot of the soup.

 Last night, I had a roti (โรตี). It is sort of like a fried crepe. I had her put banana on the inside. Often, these are served with sweetened condensed milk and chocolate sauce drizzled over the top. The green at the bottom is a banana leaf. This cost 30 baht ($0.88).

Last night for dinner I had Bami Muu (บะหมี่หมู). This is one of my favorite foods. This cost 35 baht ($1.03).

I hope that everyone is doing well back home. I miss you all already. Transitions are never easy, and while I am very happy to be here, I would appreciate your prayers as I get used to a new lifestyle here in the land of smiles. 

More posts to come soon.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow food prices are awesome there! Looks pretty tasty, I love shrimp but the eye and antenna looking at me kinda grosses me out, ha ha. I'm glad that your blogging, sounds like they are taking good care of you! We miss you too! Sending good thoughts towards your way!