Friday, December 7, 2007

FINISHED

Fifth graders and me in the back doing a really awkward pose.
The fourth graders. For more pictures, check out the blog I made for them at robinsonpictures4.blogspot.com

The fifth grade boys doing their thug poses.

It is official. I passed my Teacher Work Sample. I sent in my CPAS evaluations. And I taught my final day. I am now finished with my undergraduate degree. I think I get a yellow tassel. Magically, facebook changed my status from BYU '07 to BYU Alum '07. How did they know? I decided that today should be fun so we did some science tricks, read some books, sang some songs. It was a pretty great day. Lots of kids gave me chocolate, which is exactly what I need during the Christmas season. It is so good though. My 5th graders threw me a surprise party. I had to be surprised. Luckily, I'm the best actor in the Smith family and no one suspected a thing. I'm happy to be coming home but the closer it gets, the more I realize that I am going to miss these kids. It will be weird to have a class of kids with blond hair and blue eyes staring up at me. I'm not used to white kids in large doses. I'll miss not being able to ask my students how to say words like "bridle, cranberry, and glue stick" in Spanish. But, its life. I'm happy to be done except for the fact that I have to be a real grown up now.

2 comments:

Nick said...

Ahem. I disagree that you are the best actor in the family. Congrats alumna of BYU. Yellow tassel of freedom and love!

Jessica said...

Welcome to the other side. Congratulations!